Saliva RT-PCR Testing through Philippine Red Cross
To ease the requirements when traveling in the Philippines, some of the major destinations in the country have already started allowing Saliva RT-PCR test. This is an alternative specimen for RT-PCR testing. It has been given a green light by the Department of Health earlier this year to use in detecting COVID-19. The test is less invasive and less painful if not totally painless. More importantly, it is cheaper than the RT-PCR Swab test.
How to book for Saliva RT-PCR Test?
People can now easily avail Saliva RT-PCR test by booking an appointment online through the official website of Philippine Red Cross. It’s more convenient and easier, which why I also opted for this RT-PCR test for one of my requirements for my trip to Siargao. Booking a schedule and location to carry the test out is also much easier since Philippine Red Cross has several service points around the country.
To book for Saliva RT-PCR test, here are the guidelines:
- Select the location of your saliva test by visiting https://143.redcross.org.ph. Then, click “Book a Saliva Test”.
- Adjust the quantity if needed then click “Add to Cart”. The page will redirect to “Review your order”.
- Once you have reviewed your order, click proceed.
- Add patient information and schedule.
- If new patient, click “Register Patient””
- Fill up the registration page with these following information:
- Patient information
- Employment information
- Profile photo
- Identity document
- Philhealth ID (optional)
- Address and contact details
- Travel details
- SARS-COV 2 Exposure History
- Medical and clinical record (optional)
- Select a schedule of your saliva test. Each slot is 10 minutes.
- Proceed to check out.
- Review your order and input your personal details. Then, choose a payment method. Enter your payment information as necessary.
- Complete the payment to confirm your appointment. Please make sure that the billing address you provide is the same as the registered address of your credit card. The total price of Saliva RT-PCR is Php2,093 per test per person.
- Once the order is confirmed, check your email. The email includes date, time and location of your Saliva RT-PCR test. You will also be sent a link to the e-CIF Form in the payment confirmation email. Fill up the e-CIF Form BEFORE your appointment as this must be completed before the Swab Test is conducted.
Guidelines on Saliva RT-PCR test
On the day of your appointment of Saliva RT-PCR test, here are some guidelines to follow:
- Be at the appointment venue 15 minutes before the scheduled time. This will give time for verification and the security check.
- Please make sure to have your proof of payment handy as this may be asked on-site.
- Please wear a face mask and face shield.
- Bring a pen.
- Do not eat, drink, gargle, smoke or vape for 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment. Do not wear lipstick to the test.
- Before submitting the sample, be sure that it is at least 1ml and has no discolouration.
In my experience, it took me only 10 minutes to finish from registration to submitting the sample. Then, I was advised that the results will be sent to my registered email. Alternatively, you may also track the specimen status and result by visiting c19.redcross.org.ph/track.
20 hours since I have submitted my specimen, I have received my saliva test result and it was negative. After receiving that email, I then processed the other requirements for my trip.