Paris Itinerary – How to Spend 3 Days in Paris?
Paris is one of the world’s best-loved cities. No argument on that. More than just the famous Eiffel tower, the city is admired by many because of its rich history, incredible architecture, stunning skyline and beautiful landmarks. The city also offers almost unlimited number of amazing things to do and see. During our visit to Paris, my friends and I had 3 days to get around. We had a limited time so we explored as many places as we can. It made our Paris itinerary for three days a jam-packed. Our activities included sightseeing, a walking tour to visit different attractions and a river cruise.
Arrival in Paris
Getting to Paris was a dream that finally came true. This city was on my bucket list and I was glad that I finally able to tick that off when my friends and I went to Europe. Paris was the second leg of our trip. While my other friend rode an overnight bus to reach Paris, my other travel companion and I took a short flight from Venice to Paris. A drizzle welcomed us when we landed at Paris Beauvais Airport. It is a small airport so getting out of the terminal is not that complicated. Shuttle buses to the city are available at the bus station. Travel time is about an hour and a half.
It was already late afternoon when my friend and I arrived at our hotel. Our other friend was already waiting for us since he arrived that morning. We were supposed to go on a river cruise that day, as part of our Paris itinerary. However, my friend and I encountered some difficulties to reach the hotel from the bus station. Apparently, we arrived in Paris during a transport strike. Since it was already late to get around, we just grabbed food and enjoyed the rest of our day in our hotel.
How did we spend our 3 days in Paris?
Our Paris itinerary was full of activities. In three days, we covered some of the highlights of the city, famous landmarks and wonderful spots for photography. Getting around the city was easy. Trains, public buses and taxis are available. During our trip, we rode public buses most of the time to get from one point to another. We also spent a day walking to go to different tourist attractions. But in some cases, when we were already running out of time, we resorted to booking a ride through Uber.
Another thing that we considered so we could have a hassle-free vacation in Paris was to book tours and admission tickets in advance. Most of the popular tourist attractions in Paris also sell tickets online through their official websites. There are also third-party travel websites like KKDay, which where my friends and I purchased our entry tickets to some of the attractions in the city. Browsing the website of KKDay for tours and travel experiences also helped our group to come up with our Paris itinerary.
Places to visit in Paris
Here are the places that we visited in Paris in 3 days.
It’s a wrought-iron tower that stands 324 meters tall. This famous structure is considered a symbol of Paris. It was completed in 1889 and named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel, whose company designed and built the tower. The tower has steps and elevators to observation decks, offering a magnificent view of the city.
Opening hours: Varies depending on the season from 9:00am to 11:45pm / 12:45am
Location: Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France, 75007 Paris, France
Ticket price: Php2,105 (via KKDay)
A must visit on our Paris itinerary is the world’s largest and most important museum in the world. The Louvre Museum houses huge and the most impressive art collections in history. The museum is also home to iconic masterpieces such as “Mona Lisa” and “Venus de Milo.”
Opening hours: Varies daily from 9:00am to 6:00pm / 9:45pm; closed on Tuesdays
Location: Rue de Rivoli, Paris, France
Ticket price: Php1,163 (via KKDay)
A modern tower that stands 210 meters tall offering panoramic views of the city. It has two viewing levels, the open-air roof terrace and the 56th-floor observation deck. The tower is also the perfect spot to get a bird’s eye view of the city lights.
Opening hours: Varies daily from 9:30am to 10:30pm / 11:30pm
Location: 33 Avenue du Maine, Paris, France
Ticket price: Php1,052 (via KKDay)
Seine River Cruise
A perfect Paris itinerary wouldn’t be complete without including a river cruise. It’s a one-hour cruise starting at the Eiffel tower traveling along the Seine River. The cruise let us discover the city in one of the most romantic ways (even though all of us are single). The cruise was a wonderful experience. We were able to have some spectacular and hidden views of the city. The Seine river cruise is definitely one of the best ways to do a scenic tour in Paris.
Operating hours: Varies monthly from 10:00am to 9:00pm / 9:30pm / 10:00pm / 11:00pm
Location: Bateaux Parisiens, Port de la Bourdonnais, Paris, France
Ticket price: Php238 (via KKDay)
Palace of Versailles
Located about 16 kilometers southwest of Paris, this is the former royal chateau of France. It is a historical monument that features a palace and gardens. The palace is also a UNESCO World Heritage site, noted especially for the ceremonial Hall of Mirrors, the jewel-like Royal Opera, and the royal apartments. The palace also houses impressive collections and artworks, including exhibits and statues. It also has stunning gardens, fountains and flower beds.
Operating hours: From 9:00am to 5:30pm; closed on Mondays
Location: Place d’Armes, Versailles, France
Ticket price: Starting from Php3,077 (via KKDay)
Other places we visited
- Notre Dame Cathedral – A 13th century cathedral in Paris famous for its French Gothic architecture. The cathedral was consecrated to the Virgin Mary.
- Sainte-Chapelle – A gothic chapel notable for its exceptional collection of stained glass windows.
- Sacre-Coeur Basilica – It’s a Roman Catholic church dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It is located on the hill of Montmartre that makes this church a popular spot as well to have a wonderful view of the city.
- Palais Garnier – Italian-style opera house considered to be a jewel in Paris because of its magnificent architecture.
- Moulin Rouge – Famed cabaret in the 19th century featuring Belle Époque decor and dancers in elaborate costumes.
- Arc de Triomphe – It’s an iconic triumphal arch built to commemorate Napoleon’s victories. It’s one of the most celebrated and iconic monuments in Paris. This world’s best-known structure also has an observation deck.
- Champs Elysees – Considered to be one of the most beautiful avenues in the world. It links the Arc de Triomphe landmark to the Place de la Concorde. The avenue is also popular for its theatres, cafés, and luxury shops.
Here’s a sample Paris itinerary that includes places to visit in the city in three days.
Day 0 – Arrival in Paris
- Flight from Venice to Paris
- Louvre Museum
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- Eiffel Tower
- Sacre-Coeur Basilica
- Moulin Rouge
- Palais Garnier
- Tour Montparnasse
- Arc de Triomphe
- Champs Elysees
- Palace of Versailles Half-day tour
- Seine River Cruise
- Overnight bus from Paris to Geneva, Switzerland
My friends and I stayed at 25hours Hotel Paris Terminus Nord. The location was very convenient as it was right by the Gare du Nord train station. For other hotel options in Paris, please check and compare using the Agoda search box below.
Paris is a lovely city that is rich in history and amazing tourist attractions. The city offers a lot of activities and things to do and see. You can explore the beautiful city on your own or through joined group tours. If you want a hassle-free Paris itinerary, you can find the best activities and attractions by booking special travel experiences with KKDay.
Budget for Paris trip
To help you plan out your trip to Paris, here’s the estimated breakdown of our expenses (per person).
- 25hours Hotel Terminus Nord stay for three nights – Php11,100 (€130.90 per night for two persons)
- Paris Louvre Museum Skip-the-Line Ticket – Php1,163
- Montparnasse Tower Observation Deck Admission Ticket – Php1,052
- Palace of Versailles Half-Day Tour + Audio Guide (including transportation and admission ticket) – Php3,077
- Paris Seine River Bateaux Parisiens Cruise Experience – Php238
- Venice (Treviso) to Paris (Beauvais) one-way flight ticket – Php2,900 ($56)
- Rides booked through Uber – Php2,000 (€35)
- Paris City Centre – Bercy Seine to Geneva Bus Station ticket – Php1,272 ($24)
- Other transportation expenses like short train rides and city bus rides – Php850 (€15)
- Food and drinks (estimated cost for my breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in 4 days) – Php6,400
- Travel insurance – Php1,885
- Schengen visa fee – Php4,970
- Travel WiFi rental – Php1,600 ($30)
Total per person: Php38,507 (€695)
All dollar amounts are USD (US $)
Got some questions? Put it in the comment section below!
How to apply for Schengen Visa in the Philippines?
How to travel to Paris on a budget?
Where to stay in Paris, France?
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. For more information, see my disclosures here.
Note: Additional photo by www.rjdexplorer.com